Best Guacamole Ever

It’s summertime – time for one of my favorite foods – guacamole. And it’s time to share this post again because this stuff is just so good you all really need to make this pronto! It really is the best guacamole ever! If you grow your own herbs you cilantro is probably doing great and is all ready to be added to a batch of this yumminess.  If you have tomatoes planted, plant some new starts/seeds of cilantro so you have fresh cilantro and fresh tomatoes at the same time.

When your tomatoes are ripe, a batch of fresh salsa and a batch of this yummy guac go wonderfully together.  Use for picnics, potlucks, Sunday supper, afternoon snacks, lunch, or even breakfast.  It’s that good!

guacamole-5 copy
When I first decided to make fresh Guacamole I searched online for a recipe.  I couldn’t settle on one recipe so I created my own recipe using all the ingredients that sounded good to me.  This combination is hands down our very favorite guacamole ever.  In other words, the best guacamole ever 😀

guacamole-2This is the perfect blend of fresh ingredients and everyone who eats it agrees.

guacamole-4Of course, if you have a guacamole recipe that you think is the best ever you are more than welcome to stick with it.  If you don’t try mine you won’t even know you are missing out on the best guacamole ever 😀 😀

Best Guacamole Ever

Ingredients

• 2 ripe avocados
  • 3 TBS fresh lemon juice
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 5 TBS chopped tomato
  • A lot of cilantro, chopped
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (seeds are optional)
  • salt to taste

Instructions

1. Peel avocados and remove pit. Add lemon juice and mash avocados with an avocado masher or a fork. Leave them a bit chunky.
  2. Add garlic, tomato, peppers, salt and lots of cilantro.
  3. Salt to taste
  4. You can add more or less of any ingredient to your taste.
  5. Making a double or triple batch is recommended.

guacamole-1

I think avocados are going to be added to the grocery list cause looking at these photos is making me really want a batch of this stuff.

guacamole-3Next time avocados are a good price at your market – buy some.  Add some jalapenos, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, and lemons to the cart too, if you don’t have any growing fresh in your garden.  And make yourself a batch of the best guacamole ever 😀

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jill

Enter your email address:Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments

I love guacamole, I use lime, sometimes lemon, and I’ll tell ‘ya any recipe that has what yours has in it just has to taste great!

PIN PIN PIN !!!!!!!!!!!
    And making by the end of the weekend ( hopefully – it’s snowing here – pretty bad )
    Looks fantastic Jill !
    XOXO

Oh no – you have more snow?! We are going to be getting some pretty cold weather again this week with the possibility of snow. I think ‘this is the winter that never ends… no it goes on and on my friends… ‘ it’s a spoof on an old song – did you ever sing it? ‘this is the song that never ends, no it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they’ll just keep on singing it forever just because, this is the song that never ends….

GAH! Now I’ve got it stuck in my head 😀 I think you are rubbing off on me my friend!

3. Melanie says

I LOVE guacamole. BIG TIME! I usually just add a little salsa instead of the tomato & jalapenos mostly because I don’t always have them on hand but salsa, I do! Now you’ve made me crave some!

I’ve used lime juice before too and I use lime in my fresh salsa. It seems the lemon juice helps the avocados not get dark as quick – even more so than the lime juice. Plus I tend to have lemons or bottled lemon juice on hand more than lime!

4. JaneEllen says

You are quite the photographer gal, your photos are making me drool. I love guacamole something fierce and it’s hard to find really “good” guac. Can hardly wait to make this. Never made it myself so we’ll go crazy eating it. Yummmm. Happy Spring days and thanks so much for sharing your guac recipe.

I was just thinking about your guac this week, we were getting ready to sit down to eat and I wished I had some but couldn’t remember the recipe off the top of my head and didn’t want to take the time to look it up. I got some avocados and cilantro in my produce basket this week so I think it shall be on the menu!