Are you hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year? I’m sharing this recipe yet once again. I’ve shared it the past couple years, but I have to share it again cause it’s just that good and if you haven’t tried it yet you really need to.
A turkey dinner just isn’t complete without cranberry salad – and not just any recipe either – it has to be my Grandma’s recipe.
My Grandma went home to heaven in early December a couple years ago. Recipes she passed down are special. I will think of her every time I make this – and remember the time I called her to ask exactly how she made it.
Grandma Bussey’s Cranberry Salad
Cranberry Salad ~ my Grandma’s Recipe
- 1 cup raw cranberries
- 2 oranges
- 3-4 apples
- 2-3 stalks celery
- 1 can crushed pineapple, undrained (20oz.)
- 2 pkg. raspberry jello
- 2 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Chop cranberries, apples, oranges, and celery in food processor.
- Dissolve jello in 2 cups hot water
- When jello is dissolved add 1 cup cold water
- Stir chopped fruit, celery, crushed pineapple and sugar into jello mixture.
- Pour into bowl and refrigerate till set.
- Serve with every turkey dinner ever!
Your fruit should look like this when chopped. I always use a food processor.
I like to use a clear glass dish for cranberry salad because it shows all the vibrant colors.
Serve with a traditional Turkey meal – you know, turkey, dressing, potatoes, gravy…
To me a turkey dinner is not complete without Grandma Bussey’s Cranberry Salad. YUM.
Do you have a dish that is a must-have with every turkey dinner?