Cherry Blueberry Pie
I love Cherry Pie. Made with real sour cherries picked from a tree, not the can of pie filling from the grocery. I also love Blueberry Pie. Same scenario – no can of pie filling from the store, but real blueberries in a filling made from scratch. I recently cleaned out the freezer side of my refrigerator and I found a freezer container of frozen sour cherries that we had picked from my parents cherry tree a few years ago. Unfortunately it wasn’t enough cherries for a pie.
I waited a couple days thinking perhaps inspiration would strike for another dessert that would be good with sour cherries. But I really wanted a pie and I had homemade pie crusts in the freezer so I decided it was time to improvise.
I had blueberries in the freezer too so I mixed the blueberries and cherries and combined my pie recipes.
You can print the recipe for this yummy pie below.
- 2 cups sour cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 TBS cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp almond flavoring
- One unbaked pie shell
- One recipe of crumb crust for top
- Mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon together and add to thawed and drained fruit. Mix well and add lemon juice and almond flavoring.
- Pour into pie shell, add crumb crust on top.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour.
Sew a Fine Seam
Linking up here:
Follow along with me here! Get all my posts in your inbox.