Home Decor – Nook Update

Ever notice that when you want to add one new decor piece it ends up leading to a complete revamp of the whole area?

nook decor 8I bought this pillow at the Springfield Extravaganza from a friend who had a booth near us.  The pillows were created by her Mom as a surprise for her.  The money from their sales goes to bring home their son they are adopting.  I mentioned that here.

nook decor 5I wanted to put the pillow in a prominent spot where I can see it often and I didn’t especially want my kids to play with it and constantly toss it on the floor.  Putting it on this chair in my dining room nook seemed like a better spot than in my living room.

nook decor 3

Then I added on of my garage sale finds – this darling birdcage to the space.  And a stack of books on the basket carrier.

nook decor 2The flowers were from a bouquet I got for my birthday from my sister.  I took the bouquet apart and used the different flowers in several different places in my home.

nook decor 6Added a bird nest.

nook decor 7An Ironstone sugar bowl from may garage sale finds seemed to fit in well with the pillow and some more of the flowers tucked in it seemed cheery.

nook decor 9The basket carrier got switched out for an old basket I found at Salvation Army while out hunting for finds to take to the Springfield flea.  I am really liking this basket – it was not priced to sell at Springfield as I fully intended to bring it home with me 😀

nook decor 10And that is how it has stayed for the past several days.  I like it – it makes me happy.  Till the next fun find has me rearranging once again!

Do you redo everything when you add one new piece??

Would you like to get my posts in your inbox?  Subscribe here!

Enter your email address:Delivered by FeedBurner

Linking Up:

Savvy Southern Style

Miss Mustard Seed

Comments

I can definitely relate to bringing something new home and then having to change everything around it! I love your new pillow! I like the whole vignette you set up around it.

I love that pillow Jill, and it looks so pretty with the white ironstone and especially the purple statice. And there’s that sweet little crown that used to be in your header, right? That’s a sweet little corner. Well done!

Debbie

Thanks Debbie – not sure if that crown has been in my header before or not – I have another one that is made out of the same stuff. One of them was in the header at some point not sure if they both have been :)

I love your pillow, I love that the money spent on the pillow is going to help a family bring a child into their home. I love how you have styled your nook…but I really love that brought that basket to sell in your booth but didn’t price it to sell because you knew it would be coming home with you…for some reason that just makes me smile and nod in agreement.

Thank you Yvonne! We enjoy this nook a lot – it’s a fun addition to the house and makes the room seem so much bigger. Plus it’s so fun to decorate!

This is such a beautiful nook you’ve arranged – you must enjoy looking at it throughout you day. The pillow is awesome, the birdcage is really beautiful. Love the way you’ve used your bouquet to add pops of color. The basket is a keeper for sure. Saw your link at Savvy Southern Style, thanks for sharing.

Mary